The Fundamental Principles
As a registered member of the Institute, you are required to conduct yourself in a professional manner and as well maintain a high degree of integrity, impartiality and professionalism when dealing with your professional colleagues, clients and members of the public. It is your responsibility to ensure that the interests of the Institute are maintained in your dealings with outside organizations.
The Fundamental Canons
- To observe and adhere strictly to the code of ethics and core values of the Institute
- To remain loyal to the authority of the Institute
- To pay the annual subscriptions as at when due.
- To pay promptly all other dues and developmental levies as may be approved by the Council.
- To avoid interfering with the governance and management of the Institute.
- To attend all meetings, conferences, mandatory programmes and other social events where members are invited.
- To use your knowledge and skills for the advancement of the transport profession; being honest and impartial, and serving with fidelity the public, their employers and clients; and avoid any act either in your place of work or any other places in the society that is likely to tarnish the image of the Institute.